Chemical Protective Undergarments (CPU)
from the LANX family of Quality Fabrics
- The only CPU authorized for use by the United States Military based
on the JSLIST test program.
- Made to military specification MIL-U-44435.
- SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES HEAT STRESS.
- Outstanding vapor and aerosol protection.
- Stretchable for user comfort and good fit.
- Enhances flash fire protection.
- Tactically sound and logistically practical.
- Good for 10 launderings when laundered as directed.
- Minimum Fourteen (14) Year shelf life when stored under normal indoor
- Versatility of end uses and applications.
The LANX Type I Fabric Chemical Protective Undergarment is manufactured
with a durable composite fabric containing polymerically encapsulated
carbon for the adsorption of chemical warfare agents. Originally
designed in 1991 for the United States Special Forces, LANX I is
the only fabric approved for chemical protective undergarments (CPU)
by the U.S. Military based on the Joint Services Light Integrated
Suit Technology (JSLIST) test program. Our current product line
also includes, overgarments, hoods, gloves and boot liners.
LANX I fabric features excellent air permeability promoting evaporative
cooling, consequently reducing heat stress. LANX I fabric also possesses
unique stretch characteristics providing exceptional mobility and
comfort. The polymerically encapsulated carbon prevents sweat poisoning
and maximizes the adsorbent's performance. Tests of LANX fabric
performed in conjunction with a fire resistant overgarment on DuPont's
"Thermo-Man" reflected an impressive degree of enhanced
flash fire protection. This benefit makes the undergarments attractive
to a number of agencies outside of the military such as law enforcement,
fire departments, first responders, government contractors, hazardous
material response agencies and special security details.